What are the One-Stop Shops for Businesses?
The One-Stop Shop for Businesses is a service provided by the local Councils for all those entrepreneurs who need to obtain authorisation, permits, or other documents in order to run their business.
Through these One-Stop Shops, entrepreneurs in any economic sector (agriculture, industry, commerce, tourism, or public or private services) need make only one application to acquire all the documents necessary for their business, and will receive all the authorisations during one return visit.
The One-Stop Shops undertake to :
- guarantee to the entrepreneur a single contact within the various government bodies for the issue of the official documentation necessary to run a business.
- Set up and constantly follow up the single procedure for issuing all the authorising documentation concerned with the running of productive and service companies, ensuring that the time taken is short and within guaranteed limits.
- Provide entrepreneurs with an information service and consultancy on administrative requirements, and also on incentives and opportunities
The One-Stop Shop is based on four principles :
- Organisation centred around user/client satisfaction.
The One-Stop Shop aims to satisfy the needs of the user/client, who requires the authorisation to run his or her business, within a guaranteed time limit and using a single point of contact.
- Focus on the leadership of the person responsible for service at the One-Stop Shop.
The person responsible for service will be the user/client’s only point of contact. He or she will set in motion the system of internal provision of the documents required, and will work autonomously to contact other organisations as necessary to give a precise answer to the entrepreneur.
- The Organisational Approach.
There is a single organisational approach for issuing the final document, and this is set in motion with a single application. All the legal documents issued by other authorities will be obtained during the single procedure. The final result, which is a single document, is the only legal authorisation necessary to comply with the legal requirements of the specific request made.